Match: Stags v Kings – New Zealand Super Smash 1st knock out match
Date: 11th Feb 2021
Time: 4.30 am India
Stadium: Eden Park Outer Oval
Table position: 2nd (P10 W6 L4)
Last Match: Central Stags beat the Canterbury Kings by 30 runs.
Table position: 3rd (P10 W6 L4)
Last Match: Canterbury Kings lost to the Central Stags by 30 runs.
Trends & Recent Form
Central Stags form
- The Stags have won just one of their last 3 matches in the Super Smash.
- George Worker is the top batsman for the team with 420 runs from 10 innings. He is 2nd overall for the tournament.
- Worker is 9/4 to get a half-century in the match.
- Blair Tickner is the leading wicket-taker in the tournament with 15 wickets from 10 matches.
Canterbury Kings form
- The Canterbury Kings have one win from their last 4 matches after starting the tournament strongly.
- Mitchell leads the batting with 251 runs, followed closely by McConchie, 257 runs.
- Catherbuty have batsman in 9th, 10th and 11th in the table. They have a consistency across the batting rather than one headline player.
- Henry is 3rd in the leafing wicket takers with 12 wickets in 10 matches.
- Henry is 5/4 to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
Head to head stats
- Super Smash 5/2/21
- Stags 183/6
- Kings 152/7
Match Prediction & Tips
It’s 2nd v 3rd in the Elimination finals day. The first match sees the Stags take on the Kings.
This match looks closer than the odds show. The Stags are in slightly better form than the Kings but not enough to justify the 8/13 odds being offered for them to win.
The Kings have a very similar overall record, just a slightly lower net run rate. To us this looks set to be a tight game where the odds should be a lot more even.
Match Result: Kings to win.
- Tip 1: Worker to score most sixes 6/1
The markets for this game make it hard to pick a bet of value as the stats all line up with the odds. We’ve selected this one as more of a punt. Worker has the most sixes in the Super Smash of any of the batsman on show in this match so is worth backing for the most match sixes.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10