- Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers
- Date: January 12, 2022
- Start Time: 8:15am
- Stadium: The Gabba
- Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match
- Format: T20
Adelaide Strikers won by 71 runs
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends
Brisbane Heat Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 3
- Lost: 8
- NRR: -0.7340
- Last 5 results: L, L, L, W, L
Brisbane Heat sits 5th in the table but are now 6 points from 4th as a large gap opens up between them and Hobart Hurricanes in 4th. Hurricanes beat them in the last match to open the gap up further.
The Heat’s form has dipped recently with just 1 win in their last 5 matches. This win came against the Hurricanes and was by 14 runs. Brisbane heat batted first and set 151 to win, the keep the score low and the Hurricanes finished short at 136/8.
Brisbane Heat has batted first in their last 4 matches and this has seen them post some poor totals to defend. We have seen them post 105 all-out, 150/8, 128/6 and 144/8. They need to do better to post scores that they can defend aggressively rather than always starting to bowl on the back foot.
2 of their 3 wins have come when batting second. If they win the toss then they should elect to bat first in this match
Based on their current form it is unlikely that Brisbane Heat will qualify for the knockout stages this year.
Brisbane Heat Last Match vs Hobart Hurricanes
Hobart Hurricanes won by 8 wickets (with 16 balls remaining)
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman|
Brisbane Heat was poor with the bet here. Pfeffer’s 69 accounted for nearly half of the team runs. The explosive 21 from 7 balls from Will Prestwidge helped to build a better score but the 144/8 did not look enough with the Heats poor bowling in this year Big Bash.
The bowlers were again expensive and not clinical enough to do any damage as Hobert really cruised to victory. At 14/1 from 2.4 overs, Brisbane had a chance but the next wicket did not fall until 132/2 by which time the game was over. We are struggling to see where Brisbane Heat goes from here to get some respectable points on the board.
Adelaide Strikers Trends
- Played: 11
- Won: 3
- Lost: 8
- NRR: -0.0360
- Last 5 results: W, L, W, L, L
The Strikers are another team who is bang out of form and is on target for the wooden spoon this year. They have been so bad in most matches but did manage a recent win against the Hurricanes. They restricted them to 126 all out and hunted down the runs in just over 15 overs – this was an impressive display – but was only their second win of the season.
Wells is the top batsman for the Strikers and is 9th in the overall table at the time of writing. His 273 runs from 9 matches is a good return. His strike rate of 148.37 is the second-highest of any batsman in the current top 10, his high score is 79 and he has 1 50. He will be a key player if the Strikers are to get anything out of this match which is already a dead rubber for them.
Their top bowler this year is Rashid Khan, who has not had the best year in terms of how his T20 franchises have done. He has 14 wickets in 10 matches which is a little lower than we would expect from him. He does seem to thrive with another top bowler at the other end so they can build some pressure on the batters. His economy of 6.55 is the best of any of the bowlers in the top 10. It seems batters are just taking their time and seeing his overs out while hitting out at other bowlers in the team.
Adelaide Strikers Last Match vs Melbourne Stars
Melbourne Stars won by 5 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
The Strikers slumped to yet another defeat although this was a closer game than they have been recently. Siddle’s 2/26 was respectable at least. Batting was again an issue with Jonathan Wells posting half of the total runs and lacking any support. They posted 139/9 which did look below par at the time.
The Strikers did take wickets but opener Joe Clarke lasted until the 18th over. By this point, the match was all but over.
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Match Prediction
This seems like a real dead rubber in the Big Bash with neither team likely to qualify. They are both in poor form with just 1 win in their last 5 matches. This is a close and difficult game to call the winner in.
Predicted result: Adelaide Strikers to win
We have gone with the Strikers as they have won more recently and they were okay against the Stars in the last match. Whilst the total they posted was lower they did a reasonable job of defending it with Siddle performing well.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for […]
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good […]
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of […]