- Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Trent Rockets
- Date: August 1, 2021
- Start Time: 1:30pm
- Stadium: Edgbaston
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 14th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Birmingham Phoenix won by 6 wickets (with 26 balls remaining)
Birmingham Phoenix vs Trent Rockets Stats and Trends
Birmingham Phoenix Trends
- Played: 2
- Won: 1
- Lost: 1
- NRR: -1.5830
- Last 5 results: L, W
- 5th in the Hundred standings
- Net Run Rate -0.632
- Liam Livingstone leading run-scorer – 99 runs in 3 innings
- Adam Milne leading wicket take – 5 wickets from 45 balls
Birmingham Phoenix Top Batters
Birmingham Phoenix Top Bowlers
Birmingham Phoenix Last Match vs Southern Brave
Southern Brave won by 4 wickets (with 3 balls remaining)
Trent Rockets Trends
- Played: 3
- Won: 3
- Lost: 0
- NRR: 1.3350
- Last 5 results: W, W, W
- Top of the Hundred standings
- Net Run Rate +0.724
- D’arcy Short leading run scorer – 134 runs in 3 innings
- Marchant de Lange leading wicket taker – 8 wickets from 54 balls
Trent Rockets Top Batters
Trent Rockets Top Bowlers
Trent Rockets Last Match vs London Spirit
Trent Rockets won by 7 runs
The Trent Rockets are going from strength to strength and proved once more against the London Spirit why so many pundits are tipping them for the inaugural Hundred title. With the likes of Samit Patel and Matthew Carter picking up regular wickets and Australian D’arcy Short smashing balls here there and everywhere (2 fifties in 3 innings) its easy to see why they can indeed go onto be successful.
Birmingham Phoenix vs Trent Rockets Match Prediction
The Phoenix are coming up against a string Rockets side at precisely the wrong time. There couldn’t be two more contrasting sides and with the Trent Rockets looking solid in both batting and bowling departments this could be a very tough match for the men from Birmingham.
If the Phoenix are going to get anything they need to try and dominate more in the power play. In their previous match against the Southern Brave they managed just 27 from 25 balls which proved to be their downfall. They simply cannot perform like this and expect to pick up results.
The Trent Rockets are looking good and sit top of the standings with some impressive performances. They just need to continue their solid work and they should find the result against the Phoenix.
We can see the Trent Rockets powering on to yet another victory.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: West Indies vs India Date: August 6, 2022 Start Time: 2:30pm Stadium: Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 4th T20I Format: T20I Result India won by 59 runs West Indies vs India Stats and Trends West Indies Trends West Indies and India have headed to Florida for … Read more
- Ireland vs South Africa Prediction – August 5, 2022Match: Ireland vs South Africa Date: August 5, 2022 Start Time: 5:30pm Stadium: County Ground Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 2nd T20I Format: T20I Result South Africa won by 44 runs Ireland vs South Africa Stats and Trends Ireland Trends Ireland is 1-0 down in this 2-match T20 series. They gave a very good … Read more
- Match: Netherlands vs New Zealand Date: August 4, 2022 Start Time: 3:00pm Stadium: Sportpark Westvliet Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2022 – 1st T20I Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 16 runs Netherlands vs New Zealand Stats and Trends Netherlands Trends This match is being streamed on ICC.tv New Zealand is missing a couple of … Read more
Birmingham Phoenix suffered yet another loss against the Southern Brave, but can they find any positives from their performance? In short yes they probably can. They ultimately lost by 4 wickets but we think they lacked batting composure and could quite easily have gone onto win if they had been braver. They have the players to really find a result. However we fear that they might be too easily dominated in their match against the Trent Rockets.