- Match: Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles
- Date: August 4, 2021
- Start Time: 6:00pm
- Stadium: Edgbaston
- Tournament: The Hundred – 2021 – 18th Match
- Format: 100-Ball
Birmingham Phoenix won by 6 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Stats and Trends
Birmingham Phoenix Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 3
- Lost: 2
- NRR: -0.2090
- Last 5 results: W, W, L, L, W
- Birmingham Phoenix has now played 4 and won 2. Their net run rate is 0.008, as close to 0 as we’ve seen!
- They sit 4th in the table and with a win here could move into a good position to qualify for the knock-out stages.
- In their last match, the 60 by Allen & Smeed was the highest opening partnership of the Hundred so far for Birmingham. Livingstone and Hammond set the highest partnership of the tournament for the 4th wicket with 104 runs not out for the 4th wicket. Livingstone is in formidable form in limited over cricket and will be a key player again in this match. He has gone from strength to strength in the last 2 years and will be in the England squad for the T20 World Cup with the way he is playing currently.
Birmingham Phoenix Top Batters
Top 3 batters
- Liam Livingstone 122 runs
- Moeen Ali 81 runs
- F Allen 69 runs
Livingstone has the most sixes, 7 and the most fours, 9. The Birmingham Phoenix has a well-balanced batting lineup.
Birmingham Phoenix Top Bowlers
Top 3 bowlers
- Milne – 7 wickets
- Howell – 4 wickets
- Helm – 4 wickets
Milnes’s economy rate of 4.7 is absolutely exceptional. His average of 7.28 is too. He is having a fantastic tournament so far.
Birmingham Phoenix Last Match vs Trent Rockets
Birmingham Phoenix won by 6 wickets (with 26 balls remaining)
Birmingham Phoenix had a good win against the high-flying Trent rockets last time out. This was mainly down to the batting performance. they chased down 145 to in with an astonishing 26 balls remaining, a run rate of 1.95 runs per ball.
Oval Invincibles Trends
- Played: 5
- Won: 2
- Lost: 2
- NRR: 0.1090
- Last 5 results: L, W, L, N, W
- The Oval Invincibles have failed to live up to their name in the Hundred so far. They have now played 3 winning just one. They are currently in 6th in the table with a net run rate of 0.099 – another tight run rate.
- They possess better players than their position shows. With Roy, Curran, Billings, and Jacks they have an excellent short game top order. They have bags of experience between them and are all excellent players. They need to do better in the Hundred format.
Oval Invincibles Top Batters
Top 3 batters
- Jason Roy – 72 runs
- Tom Curran 63 runs
- Sam Billings 52 runs
Roy and Narine have the most sixes with 6, Curren and Roy have the most fours with 6
Oval Invincibles Top Bowlers
Top 3 Bowlers
- Tom Curran – 5 wickets
- S Mahmood – 3wickets
- 4 bowlers – 2 wickets
Oval Invincibles bowlers have taken a lack of wickets and these numbers confirm that. They need to take more and at better economy rates to improve.
Oval Invincibles Last Match vs Welsh Fire
Oval Invincibles won by 6 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)
The Oval Invincibles looked in great shape, as they overcame a strong Welsh Fire side. Tom Curran was the stand out bowler, taking 3 wickets, whilst Sam Billings scored heaviest with the bat. The result sees the Invincibles start to climb the table and are sitting comfortably in the play off position. They look to be gradually getting into their stride and are certainly a team that could go all the way.
Birmingham Phoenix vs Oval Invincibles Match Prediction
This could be a very close match. Both sides are coming off the back of a victory a piece and are very close to each other in the standings. Who will take this match? It is a very difficult decision, nevertheless we think that the Oval Invincibles are starting to find their feet in this inaugural Hundred competition.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Pakistan vs Australia Date: November 11, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20I Result Australia won by 5 wickets (with 6 balls remaining) Pakistan vs Australia Stats and Trends Pakistan Trends Played: 5 Won: 5 Lost: 0 NRR: 1.5830 […]
- Match: England vs New Zealand Date: November 10, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20I Result New Zealand won by 5 wickets (with 6 balls remaining) England vs New Zealand Stats and Trends England Trends Played: 5 Won: 4 Lost: 1 […]
- Match: West Indies vs Sri Lanka Date: November 4, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Sheikh Zayed Stadium Tournament: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup – 2021 – 35th Match Format: T20I Result Sri Lanka won by 20 runs West Indies vs Sri Lanka Stats and Trends West Indies Trends Played: 4 Won: 1 Lost: 3 NRR: […]