- Match: Bangladesh vs New Zealand
- Date: September 1, 2021
- Start Time: 10:00am
- Stadium: Shere Bangla National Stadium
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 1st T20I
- Format: T20I
Bangladesh won by 7 wickets (with 30 balls remaining)
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Stats and Trends
New Zeland comes to Bangladesh for a 5 match T20 series as a warm-up to the T20 World Cup in October.
This will be the last T20 matches for Bangladesh before the World Cup starts, as it stands.
Bangladesh comes to this match in some of the best T20 form we have seen from them. They have just beaten a slightly weakened Australian side 4-1 in a 5 match T20 series on Bangladesh soil. During this series, it was the bowling of Bangladesh that really stood out. This peaked in the final T20 with Australia being all out for 62 chasing 123 to win.
Bangladesh batted first in 4 of the 5 matches but failed to put on more than 131 runs. They will need to do better than that to beat the team New Zealand has taken over for this series
Bangladesh Top Batters
Bangladesh’s top-rated batters are Mohammad Naim who is 29th in the world and Mahmudullah who is 33rd in the world rankings.
Bangladesh Top Bowlers
Bangladesh’s star bowler, Mustafizur Rahman, is the 10th highest-rated bowler in the world. Shakib Al Hasan has now moved to 12th in the world and is just 9 points behind Rahman.
Bangladesh Last Match vs Australia
Bangladesh won by 60 runs
|Shakib Al Hasan|
The Bangladesh bowlers were sensational here getting Australia all out for 63. Al Hasan 4/9 from 3 overs was absolutely outstanding.
New Zealand Trends
New Zealand is rated as the 3rd best T20 team in the world. They are the top-rated ODI side and the top-rated test side. They will be a formidable opponent for Bangladesh. This series is part of their build-up to the T20 World Cup in October where they will be hoping to win the event in the UAE.
Their last T20 series was against Bangladesh in New Zealand where they won 3-0. It was a comfortable win for them in all 3 matches and they will be looking for more of the same here.
New Zealand Top Batters
New Zealand has 2 players in the world’s top 10 T20 batters. Devon Conway is 3rd behind Babar Azam and Dawid Malan. Martin Guptil is 8th with 688 points.
New Zealand Top Bowlers
New Zealand also has 2 bowlers in the world’s top 10. Tim Southee is 6th and Ish Sodhi is 9th.
New Zealand Last Match vs Bangladesh
New Zealand won by 65 runs
This was limited to 10 overs due to the weather. New Zealand set a target of 142 to win and bowled Bangladesh all out for 76 in 9.3 overs. This was a comprehensive win to take the 3 match series 3-0.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Match Prediction
Predicted match result: New Zealand to win comfortably
Predicted series result: New Zeland wins 3-2 or 4-1
Bangladesh will take great pride in their 4-1 win over Australia and they will have increased confidence due to this. We expect them to pose a better challenge than when they toured New Zealand in March but NZ just has too much quality to not win this series.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger Format: T20 Result Sydney Sixers won by 4 wickets (with 0 ball remaining) Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Sydney Sixers Trends Played: 14 Won: 9 Lost: 4 […]
- Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format: T20 Result Perth Scorchers won by 49 runs Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Stats and Trends Perth Scorchers Trends Played: 14 Won: 11 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.9260 Last 5 results: […]
- Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match Format: T20 Result Adelaide Strikers won by 71 runs Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Stats and Trends Brisbane Heat Trends Played: 11 Won: 3 Lost: 8 NRR: -0.7340 Last 5 […]