- Match: Bangladesh vs Australia
- Date: August 3, 2021
- Start Time: 12:00pm
- Stadium: Shere Bangla National Stadium
- Tournament: Twenty20 International – 2021 – 1st T20I
- Format: T20I
Bangladesh won by 23 runs
Bangladesh vs Australia Stats and Trends
- Bangladesh is ranked 10th in the world for T20 cricket. They have 222 points. They have only played 16 matches in the qualifying period, the second-lowest in the rankings behind Scotland who have played 11.
- Mohammad Naim is the highest-rated batter for Bangladesh, he is currently 32nd in the world.
- Shakib Al Hassan is the highest-rated bowler at joint 21st in the world. He is level with Y Chahal in the rankings.
- Bangladesh has only played Australia 4 times in international T20 cricket and has lost all 4 matches.
- Captain Tamin Iqbal and Linton Das will both miss the series through injury. Mushfiqur Rahmin is also forced to miss the first match which is another blow to the Bangladesh side.
Bangladesh Top Batters
Stats from the 2021 year to date. Niam has been playing well and has a good strike rate. He will be key to the chances of Bangladesh. Sarkar has shown some explosive hitting when needed.
Bangladesh Top Bowlers
Hasan has been in the wickets but has been very expensive. Australia will look to post a big score against this batting line up if they get a chance to get in.
Bangladesh Last Match vs Zimbabwe
Bangladesh won by 5 wickets (with 4 balls remaining)
Bangladesh won this series 2-1 and won the test and ODI series without defeat. They were in great form against Zimbabwe but Australia will be a much tougher match. They will come in with some confidence from these performances.
- Australia is missing a number of big names for this series and some of the squad players have a chance to get a look in for the T20 World Cup squad later this year.
- Sams, Maxwell, Smith, Warner, Stonis, Cummings, J Richardson, K Richardson, and ODI captain Arron Finch are all out of this match and probably the series. Arron Finch is Australias top-rated T20 batsman in the world.
- Ashton Turner has been brought in and says he is looking to shine. He’s a player desperate to take his chance in international cricket.
- The key to Australia’s chances will be the bowling attack of Adam Zampa and Ashton Agar. These two are ranked 7th and 8th in the world respectively.
Australia Top Batters
All of their top 3 batters are missing this either through injury or by being outside the bubble.
Australia Top Bowlers
Agar will be a key player for Australia in this match.
Australia Last Match vs West Indies
West Indies won by 16 runs
Australia lost their last T20 series to the West Indies 4-1. This was a well below par performance from them and tased a lot of questions about the depth of this squad.
Bangladesh vs Australia Match Prediction
Australia is a very short-priced favourite to win this match but in the Cricketics teams opinion, we think they are far too short and the real value lies with Bangladesh. Bangladesh has performed well in their last series and whilst they are without a couple of key players Australia are missing 7 first-teamers. We think this will be a much closer game than the odds predict.
Predicted series result: Australia to win 3-2
Predicted result: Bangladesh to win in a very close game
Predicted scores if batting first
This is the first of a 5 match series. We will be covering each match of the series.
Here are some other previews you may like
- Match: Sussex vs Kent Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 1:30pm Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Kent won by 21 runs Sussex vs Kent Stats and Trends Sussex Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 3 NRR: 0.4790 Last 5 results: W, L, W, W, L The semi-finals […]
- Match: Hampshire vs Somerset Date: September 18, 2021 Start Time: 10:00am Stadium: Edgbaston Tournament: T20 Blast – 2021 – Semi Final Format: T20 Result Somerset won by 2 wickets (with 2 balls remaining) Hampshire vs Somerset Stats and Trends Hampshire Trends Played: 14 Won: 6 Lost: 5 NRR: 0.3880 Last 5 results: W, W, W, […]
- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Date: September 21, 2021 Start Time: 2:00pm Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium Tournament: Indian Premier League – 2021 – 32nd Match Format: T20 Result Rajasthan Royals won by 2 runs Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals Stats and Trends Punjab Kings Trends Played: 9 Won: 3 Lost: 6 NRR: -0.3450 […]