Match: 1st Test
Time: 9am India, 9.30am Bangladesh
Stadium: Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather is forecast to be an average of 25c and sunshine for all 5 days.
- This is the first test Bangladesh has played since February 2020.
- Bangladesh is ranked 9th in the ICC World Test rankings, although they have played fewer ranking games than all other teams.
- Tamim Iqbal Kahn is the favorite for the top batsman at odds of 7/2
- Shakib Al Hassan is the favorite for the top bowler at odds of 15/8
West Indies form
- Bangladesh won all 3 ODIs with the West Indies at the start of this tour.
- The West Indies come into this match on the back of a 2-0 defeat to New Zealand (No 1 in the world) in December.
- They lost their previous test series to England 2-1 on July 20.
- Kriagg Braithwaite is the favorite for top West Indies batsman at 11/4
- Kamer Roach is the favorite for top WI bowler in the first innings at 3/1
Head to head stats
- Tour – January 21
- ODI series – Bandladesh won 3-0
- 17-6-19 ICC ODI World Cup – Bandladesh won by 7 wickets
- 7/5/19 & 13/5/19 (WC Warm-Up) Bangladesh won 2-0
- Tour December 18
- Tests – Bangladesh won 2-0
- ODIs – Bangladesh won 2-1
- T20 – West Indies won 2-1
Match Prediction & Tips
With the short odds on Bangladesh, we always look for the value in the longer odds. In this case, we cannot find any! The West Indies have struggled to deal with spin over their recent ODI’s and the test match format will only extend those issues and the pressure.
We will not be backing Bangladesh to win at 1/4 but they are our prediction for the match based on the available stats we have considered.
The only slight consideration to take is the lack of test cricket for Bangladesh in the past year. This should not be a factor in the match based on the two teams. If the West Indies start well and the match goes to 5 days this could come into play.
Match Result: Bangladesh to win.
We are predicting they will do this in 3 or 4 days and possibly by over an innings.
With the match market holding no value for us we look to the other markets for our betting tips for this match.
- Tip 1: West Indies highest 1st innings opening partnership 6/5.
This market is for which team will score the most runs before the first wicket falls. Bangladesh is the clear favorite in the odds for the match but we see some value in this bet. Braithwaite has form for playing long innings in Bangladesh and Campbell looked in good nick watching him in the warm-up test.
- Tip 2: John Campbell to score 50+ 1st innings 3/1
In the warm-up match against the BCB XI, Campbell score 44 & 68 which will build his confidence opening here. He is an assured batsman and will be happy to take his time and build a starting score with Braitwaite.
We are predicting, based on the stats, that Bangladesh will will win the first test.
The first test is a 5 day test starting on the 3rd of February 2021. It starts at 9.30am in Bangladesh and 9.00am in India.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10