Match: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Date: 23rd May 2021
Format: ODI (50 overs)
Trends & Recent Form
After a 2 match test series, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka meet up for a 3 match ODI series starting on Sunday 23rd May and finishing on Friday 28th May.
Sri Lanka won the test series 1-0 but both sides have added to their squads for the IODI matches. Here we will preview both sides and make our match prediction.
- Current ODI ranking: 9th
- Top Batsman: Mushfiqur Rahim
- Top Bowler: Mehedi Hasan
Latest stats and trends
- Shakib Al Hasan has returned to the Bangladesh squad for the one-day series after missing the test series. Najmul Hossain Shanto has left the squad.
- In the last ODI home series, Bangladesh beat the West Indies 3-0 and sit 6th in their World Cup qualification group.
- In their last ODI series away Bangladesh lost 3-0 in New Zealand, who are one of the top ODI teams in World cricket.
- The Bangladesh blowing unit looks to be the better of the two teams. We would expect this to be the deciding factor in the outcome of the match.
Sri Lanka form
- Current ODI ranking: 8th
- Top Batsman: Angelo Mathews
- Top Bowler: Akila Dananjaya
Latest stats and trends
- Perera has taken over the captaincy for this ODI series.
- In their last ODI series, Sri Lanka lost 3-0 to the West Indies and looked very poor. It was a performance from them that lacked any quality or desire and will have been alarming for the selectors.
- The bowling attack of Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, and Dhananjaya de Silva will be critical for the Sri Lankans if they are to get a result.
- Sri Lanka is 12th in the World Cup qualification table. They sit on minus 2 points after 3 defeats to the West Indies.
- In the last test between these two teams, Sri Lanka won after an impressive first innings score of 493/7d. The openers put on 209 for the first wicket.
- Lahiru Thirimanne was the top batsman in the first innings with 140, from 298 balls.
- Praveen Jayawickrama was impressive with the ball in both innings taking 6/92 & 5/86 respectively.
Head to head stats
Overall record (ODI only)
- Sri Lanka 39 wins
- Bangladesh 7 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Bangladesh to win at 11/10*
It is the bowling attack of Bangladesh that has us leading towards a win for them.
Both teams are coming into this series on the back of an ODI whitewash and it is difficult to pick a winner when they have both been poor. For us, we feel that Bangladesh has a little more quality in the squad, added with home advantage should lead to them getting the win.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars PSL Preview and Prediction: Can Quetta finally play like Gladiators?
Match: Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars Date: 15th June 2021 Competition: Pakistan Super League Location: UAE Trends & Recent Form The Quetta Gladitors need to
Match: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars Date: 13th June 2021 Competiton: Pakistan Super League Format: T20 Trends & Recent Form The top 2 face off
Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks T20 Blast Preview: Hawks will be looking to bounce back after opening match defeat
Match: Essex Eagles v Hampshire Hawks Date: 11-6-21 Competition: T20 Vitality Blast, England. Stadium: County Ground, Chelmsford Trends & Recent Form Both teams have got