Match: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Date: 23rd May 2021
Format: ODI (50 overs)
Trends & Recent Form
After a 2 match test series, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka meet up for a 3 match ODI series starting on Sunday 23rd May and finishing on Friday 28th May.
Sri Lanka won the test series 1-0 but both sides have added to their squads for the IODI matches. Here we will preview both sides and make our match prediction.
- Current ODI ranking: 9th
- Top Batsman: Mushfiqur Rahim
- Top Bowler: Mehedi Hasan
Latest stats and trends
- Shakib Al Hasan has returned to the Bangladesh squad for the one-day series after missing the test series. Najmul Hossain Shanto has left the squad.
- In the last ODI home series, Bangladesh beat the West Indies 3-0 and sit 6th in their World Cup qualification group.
- In their last ODI series away Bangladesh lost 3-0 in New Zealand, who are one of the top ODI teams in World cricket.
- The Bangladesh blowing unit looks to be the better of the two teams. We would expect this to be the deciding factor in the outcome of the match.
Sri Lanka form
- Current ODI ranking: 8th
- Top Batsman: Angelo Mathews
- Top Bowler: Akila Dananjaya
Latest stats and trends
- Perera has taken over the captaincy for this ODI series.
- In their last ODI series, Sri Lanka lost 3-0 to the West Indies and looked very poor. It was a performance from them that lacked any quality or desire and will have been alarming for the selectors.
- The bowling attack of Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, and Dhananjaya de Silva will be critical for the Sri Lankans if they are to get a result.
- Sri Lanka is 12th in the World Cup qualification table. They sit on minus 2 points after 3 defeats to the West Indies.
- In the last test between these two teams, Sri Lanka won after an impressive first innings score of 493/7d. The openers put on 209 for the first wicket.
- Lahiru Thirimanne was the top batsman in the first innings with 140, from 298 balls.
- Praveen Jayawickrama was impressive with the ball in both innings taking 6/92 & 5/86 respectively.
Head to head stats
Overall record (ODI only)
- Sri Lanka 39 wins
- Bangladesh 7 wins
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Bangladesh to win at 11/10*
It is the bowling attack of Bangladesh that has us leading towards a win for them.
Both teams are coming into this series on the back of an ODI whitewash and it is difficult to pick a winner when they have both been poor. For us, we feel that Bangladesh has a little more quality in the squad, added with home advantage should lead to them getting the win.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 26, 2022 Start Time: 8:25am Stadium: Sydney Cricket Ground Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Challenger
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Prediction – January 22, 2022: Can the Scorcher carry on their red hot form?
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers Date: January 22, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: Docklands Stadium Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – Qualifier Format:
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction – January 12, 2022: Who Will Win This Almost Dead Rubber?
Match: Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Date: January 12, 2022 Start Time: 8:15am Stadium: The Gabba Tournament: Big Bash League – 2021/2022 – 46th Match