Tournament: New Zealand Super Smash
Time: 3.50am India
Stadium: Eden Park Outer Oval, New Zealand
10 Cric Odds: Auckland Aces win: 6/5* – Bet here
Table position: 5th
Last Match: The Aces beat the Otago Volts by 103 runs (1-2-21)
10 Cric Odds: Wellington Firebirds win: 4/6* – Bet here
Table Position: 1st
Last Match: A win over the Central Stags by 8 wickets.
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather is forecast to be 23 degrees with a 5% chance of rain.
Auckland Aces form
- The Aces sit 2nd bottom of the Super Smash leaderboard with just two wins from 9 matches so far.
- Their 2 wins have come from their last 3 matches, quite a turnaround after losing their first 6 matches in a row.
- Solia is the Aces top batsman with 249 runs from 9 matches and is 7th overall.
- Ferns is the team’s top wicket tacker with 11 from 7 matches so far.
Wellington Firebirds form
- The Firebirds have won an impressive 8 of their 9 matches so far. Their only defeat was to Canterberry where they lost by 5 wickets.
- Allen is the top batsman of the Super Smash so far with 423 runs from 9 matches, 92* is his highest score so far.
- Conway is also in the top 5 batsman with 279 from 8 matches.
- The bowling attack is well split with wickets with Bennett, 11, Sears, 9, Neesham & Van Beek, both 8, all in the wickets.
Head to head stats
Earlier in the Super Smash
- Wellington won by 4 wickets
- Auckland 167/3
- Wellington 178/6 (19.1 overs)
Match Prediction & Tips
The stats for this game strongly point to a Wellington Firebirds win. They are topping the table and have only lost one game some far in the Super Slam.
You cannot go against that form in T20 cricket as we have seen in many tournaments. Any team in this form should be taken very seriously when selecting the match winner!
Auckland Ace’s form has improved dramatically in the last 3 matches but this will be a step too far for them. They do not possess the quality in their bowling attack to stop the Firebirds from getting or chasing, a big score here.
It has come to the point in the Super Smash that the Ace’s have nothing to play for. Qualification for the knock-out stages is not possible anymore and they are just playing for pride now.
Match Result: Wellington to win.
We are expecting this to be a comfortable win.
Here’s our alternative tips for this match –
- Tip 1:
We think the Firebirds will win this match comfortably.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on reddit
Here are some other previews you may like