Tournament: New Zealand Super Smash
Time: 3.50am India
Stadium: Eden Park Outer Oval, New Zealand
Trends & Recent Form
- The weather is forecast to be 23 degrees with a 5% chance of rain.
Auckland Aces form
- The Aces sit 2nd bottom of the Super Smash leaderboard with just two wins from 9 matches so far.
- Their 2 wins have come from their last 3 matches, quite a turnaround after losing their first 6 matches in a row.
- Solia is the Aces top batsman with 249 runs from 9 matches and is 7th overall.
- Ferns is the team’s top wicket tacker with 11 from 7 matches so far.
Wellington Firebirds form
- The Firebirds have won an impressive 8 of their 9 matches so far. Their only defeat was to Canterberry where they lost by 5 wickets.
- Allen is the top batsman of the Super Smash so far with 423 runs from 9 matches, 92* is his highest score so far.
- Conway is also in the top 5 batsman with 279 from 8 matches.
- The bowling attack is well split with wickets with Bennett, 11, Sears, 9, Neesham & Van Beek, both 8, all in the wickets.
Head to head stats
Earlier in the Super Smash
- Wellington won by 4 wickets
- Auckland 167/3
- Wellington 178/6 (19.1 overs)
Match Prediction & Tips
The stats for this game strongly point to a Wellington Firebirds win. They are topping the table and have only lost one game some far in the Super Slam.
You cannot go against that form in T20 cricket as we have seen in many tournaments. Any team in this form should be taken very seriously when selecting the match winner!
Auckland Ace’s form has improved dramatically in the last 3 matches but this will be a step too far for them. They do not possess the quality in their bowling attack to stop the Firebirds from getting or chasing, a big score here.
It has come to the point in the Super Smash that the Ace’s have nothing to play for. Qualification for the knock-out stages is not possible anymore and they are just playing for pride now.
Match Result: Wellington to win.
We are expecting this to be a comfortable win.
Here’s our alternative tips for this match –
- Tip 1:
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Match: Netherlands v Scotland – 1st ODI Date: 19th May 2021 Stadium: Hazelaarweg Stadion, Rotterdam Trends & Recent Form After a long break from international
Match: Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers Tournament: Vinchy T10 Time: 11PM India Trends & Recent Form Dark View Explorers v Salt Pond Breakers
Match: Grenadines Divers v La Soufriere Hikers Date: 17th May 2021 Tournament: Vincy T10, Carribean Trends & Recent Form The next match in this quick-fire T10